Sunday, July 16, 2006

Meet Johnson

I have been out of town for the last 6 weeks and before I left I had made one final puppet. Although I didn't have time to post it before I left, I had to get it on line the minute I had a chance after I arrived. Hope you like him.



Builder: Carlos @ http://video567.blogspot.com/Pattern: The Glorified Sock Puppet Pattern
Character: Johnson
He is a glorified sock puppet who resembles a snake. I tailored him after a used car sales man we had in colorado springs. He kept saying that he was prior military and that military takes care of military. At the time my wife was pregnant with our second child and he sold us this "reliable minivan". He keeps saying that military always takes care of military. Two days later the Van caught on fire in the middle of the highway. So you can see the resemblance on why I chose a snake looking character. He wears a button up shit and a tie and has his silver earing and rings, to look like he has money. He is a fast talker 30 year old, who is separated from the military due to a medical condition. Maybe he was separated from the military due to his tounge?

Technical: There where no deviations to the pattern, this is my second Glorified Sock Puppet Pattern, but the first one that has been completed. I used everything the pattern stated and did not deviate in any way. I found his clothes in a thrift shop and his rings came from a party store. His earing we had in an old jewrly box and decided to use them since no one here would wear them. His eyes are small ping pong balls and the black in his eyes where cut from some moving eyes I bought at michaels. - Carlos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home